Telephone:    (01279) 653333
Home Aboutus Electrical Siteservices Repairs Electric motors Manufacturing Fabrication Counter sales News Contact us
Company History  Fyfe Wilson was started in Glasgow by Mr Fyfe  and Mr Wilson soon after the first world war as  manufacturers of generating sets. In 1919, an  office of Fyfe Wilson was opened in London by  Mr HFK Dearlove. In 1921 Mr Dearlove aquired  the company and it was incorporated as a  limited liability company and located at Station  Works in Bishop’s Stortford. This allowed the  company to expand into electric motors and  engine drives that were being installed to  modernise factories.  Over the following years, work continued on  generators following the spread of the national  grid and the conversion to the new 440/240 volt  AC system. During the Great Depression, the company  diversified further to maintain operations.  At the start of the second world war, the  company was engaged by the Admiralty to carry  out secret development work on heavy marine  diesel engines and specialised generators for  minesweepers.  After the war, the company returned to  commercial work and started site installation  work and the manufacture of electromagnets.  In 2001 the company purchased an industrial  unit in Raynham Road and relocated here. 
Company Profile Fyfe Wilson occupies an industrial unit on  Raynham Road, Bishop’s Stortford. This 12000  sqft facility houses a specialist rewinding facility,  panel building room, pump repair and test area,  machine shop, welding bay and a trade counter.  As all operations are in house, repairs can be  made more efficiently.  One of our key strengths is our experienced  employees who have worked for the company for  many years. The average number of years  service for engineers in the company is 20 years  with the longest serving employee on 46 years  and still going. Our mission statement and quality policy is  available here.   Interesting Facts  In 1948, Fyfe Wilson was honoured to build and  supply the mobile generators for the royal train  used by Princess Elizabeth to tour South Africa. Fyfe Wilson has supplied 4 electromagnets which  will be used by the European Organization for  Nuclear Research (CERN).  Station works has been demolished to make way  for and expansion to the ALDI store on London  Road. 
The original works Fyfe Wilson occupied in Station Road from 1922 to 2003
Moving into the new unit in Raynham Road where Fyfe Wilson is now located.
Fyfe Wilson Ltd, Raynham Road, Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 5PF
About Us
e-mail:
Updated 13/06/2018
Aboutus